Are you a people pleaser — someone who tends to put other peoples’ needs before their own?
If yes, you may need to set some personal boundaries and start taking as good care of yourself as you do others.
Doing so will shield you from unwarranted toxic behavior and reckless invalidation.
To help you get in the right frame of mind, we’ve curated a list of quotes about boundaries and hope they help you explore boundary setting for yourself.
25 Setting Boundaries Quotes to Propel You to Set Your Own
Our healthy boundaries quotes can apply to the six types of limits: emotional, physical, sexual, workplace, material, and time.
Pick options that resonate with you and incorporate them into your affirmation practice.
1. “You get what you tolerate.” – Henry Cloud
2. “Boundaries are just made of brick and cement.”- Nikita Dudani
3. “Choose to be pro-active, assertive and self-defining.”- Bryant McGill
4. “Boundaries are to protect life, not to limit pleasures.”- Edwin Louis Cole
5. “Boundary setting is really a huge part of time management.”- Jim Loehr
6. “Individuals set boundaries to feel safe, respected, and heard.”- Pamela Cummins
7. “The boundary to what we can accept is the boundary to our freedom.”- Tara Brach
8. “The boundaries of design are the same as the problem of perception.”- John Hench
9. “Each time you set a healthy boundary, you say ‘yes’ to more freedom.”- Nancy Levin
10. “We need to have a talk on the subject of what’s yours and what’s mine.” ― Stieg Larsson
11. “You best teach others about healthy boundaries by enforcing yours.”- Bryant McGill
12. “I encourage people to remember that “No” is a complete sentence.”- Gavin de Becker
More Related Articles
13. “Being able to say “No” is a necessary ingredient in a healthy lifestyle.”- David W. Earle
14. “Boundaries need to be communicated first verbally and then with actions.”- Henry Cloud
15. “The only boundaries we have are in form. There are no obstacles in thought.”- Wayne Dyer
16. “Boundaries are a part of self-care. They are healthy, normal, and necessary.”- Doreen Virtue
17. “Boundaries aren’t all bad. That’s why there are walls around mental institutions.”- Peggy Noonan
18. “Honoring your own boundaries is the clearest message to others to honor them, too.”- Gina Greenlee
19. “It is necessary, and even vital, to set standards for your life and the people you allow in it.”- Mandy Hale
20. “No boundary or barrier surrounds the heart of a person that loves their self and others.”- Shannon L. Alder
21. “A boundary is not that at which something stops, but that from which something begins.”- Martin Heidegger
22. “Boundaries represent awareness, knowing what the limits are and then respecting those limits.”- David W. Earle
23. “A broken soul doesn’t invest in boundaries because the world has crossed them, without mercy.”- Shannon L. Alder
24. “Your personal boundaries protect the inner core of your identity and your right to choices.”- Gerard Manley Hopkins
25. “Healthy boundaries are not walls. They are gates and fences that allow you to enjoy the beauty of your own garden.”- Lydia Hall
Bookmark this page of boundaries quotes and come back when you need some inspiration.
Boundary setting is a powerful tool, but they’re not a silver bullet. If you’re having a tough time navigating a challenging situation or relationship, consider seeking help from a therapist or life coach.